There are several ideas you can try for your own fundraising program. The following are some general ideas you can modify to suit your own preferences. Several individuals and organizations have tried these fundraising ideas in the past.
– Among all fundraising ideas, this is one of the most popular. This requires you to sell tickets to people who wish to win prizes. The price of the tickets depends on how expensive your prizes are. However, the number of tickets you plan to sell may also affect the price. The prizes you plan to give away depend on how much your organization can shoulder. Relying on ticket sales for your acquisition of the prizes is very risky. That is why it is best that you have a budget from the very start to avoid major problems.
– Several other fundraising ideas can spring up from a fair. You can hold a book fair, food fair, gadgets fair, game fair or a franchise fair. You just need to provide a venue for different participants. Participants need to pay you for their rent of space so that they can display and/or sell their own products or services.
– This idea simply requires you to invite people to participate in a special walkathon event. More often than not, walkathon is done for a good cause. However, if you make things a little more interesting, you can try this fundraising idea for your organization. You may give out prizes during the event to encourage people more to participate. Some ideas for prizes are bicycles, mobile phones, or a gift check to a cool shop.
– This is another of the fundraising ideas which people always love participating in. Again, you sell tickets to people who wish to experience the performance live. You may hold a concert, theatrical play, poetry reading, or a recital. You may perform yourself with other members of your organization. Otherwise, you have to hire artists for free or at a low fee so that you don’t have to spend too much.
– A sale is also one of the most popular fundraising ideas. It involves selling a product to people to generate sales. You may hold a bazaar or a garage sale. You may even hold it with a food sale to accumulate higher funds. You may also provide services for a particular fee. Examples of such services are foot spa, massage, face paint, or a henna tattoo.
For better results, you may combine any or all of these fundraising ideas to generate higher funds. Of course the combination all depends on the budget, time and venue of your fundraising events.